What are the supplements in the kit?
- Adrenal Support - A combination of standardized herbs and nutrients which are known for rejuvenating the adrenals.*
- Carnitine Blend - Uniquely combines L-carnitine and its acetylated form into a convenient capsule, in a 4:1 ratio. L-carnitine is an amino acid derivative, and is a naturally occurring compound in all foods. But, significant amounts are only found in dark meats (due to high concentrations of mitochondria). Carnitine Blend also contains acetyl-L-carnitine, which has unique brain-supportive properties.
- Electrolyte Blend - A complete and balanced electrolyte formula to help promote optimal hydration, especially after excessive sweating. It contains potassium, sodium, chloride and magnesium, the main electrolytes found in the body. D-ribose is included because of its importance in healthy cardiac function, exercise recovery and energy production, while taurine helps to regulate cellular electrolyte flow. Electrolyte Blend also contains vitamin C, along with the synergistic compounds quercetin and citrus bioflavonoids. Vitamin C supports the cardiovascular system by helping to build healthy collagen, which is one of the main structural components of blood vessels. This product has a delicious natural lemon-orange flavor, is sugar-free, and gets its sweetness from a small amount of the natural herb stevia.*
- Magnesium Citrate Powder - Provides 300 mg of magnesium in each one teaspoon serving - a convenient delivery system in a great-tasting lemon flavored powder. It mixes well in water and is very easy to titrate when higher doses are needed. Magnesium Citrate Powder helps promote bowel relaxation when fiber alone is not enough, and supports the ability to fall asleep.*
- Myo-inositol Powder - Myo-inositol is a form of inositol, a type of natural sugar alcohol that’s present in mammalian cells. It is an important nutrient that serves key functions relating to hormone signal transduction throughout our endocrine system. As such, myo-inositol plays an important regulatory role relating to thyroid health.*
- S. Boulardii - S. boulardii (Saccharomyces boulardii) is a non-pathogenic yeast. It possesses probiotic activity that supports gastrointestinal health and immune function. This formula contains 500 mg (10 billion CFU) of S. boulardii per serving. This strain does not require refrigeration and has the ability to survive passage through the harsh gastric environment, withstanding high acidity, bile, and heat.
What are the benefits of the supplements in the Kit?
- Adrenal Support - Designed to promote healthy cortisol levels, hypothalamic and pituitary function (HPTA axis), and catecholamine production (dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine).*
- Carnitine Blend - Provides support for people on vegetarian diets, or when dark meats are consumed in small amounts. It also supports exercise performance through encouraging the body to burn fat during exercise, supports energy levels by assisting in the transport of fats as a fuel source, and supports healthy weight management by assisting the body's ability to burn fat.*
- Electrolyte Blend - May be beneficial for supporting a healthy cardiovascular system, regulating blood pressure and balancing tissue fluid, helping with occasional symptoms of dehydration after excessive diarrhea, vomiting, or sweating, helping athletes replenish electrolytes lost during intense exercise, and supporting individuals facing occasional stress.*
- Magnesium Citrate Powder - Helps to support healthy magnesium levels, promotes regularity and bowel relaxation, maintains energy levels and metabolic efficiency, balances calcium and reduces the risk for build up in the body, and promotes relaxation and restful sleep.*
- Myo-inositol Powder - Research has shown that myo-inositol supplementation supports optimal thyroid antibody and TSH levels, as well as alleviates mood symptoms associated with anxiety, mood swings, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder (1). Research has also found that myo-inositol relieves menstrual irregularities, acne, insulin resistance, and weight gain associated with PCOS (2).*
- S. Boulardii - May be beneficial for counterbalancing intestinal microorganisms disrupted by stress, poor nutrition, and toxins, strengthening the intestinal barrier, protecting the digestive mucosa from pathogens that may damage the intestinal lining, promoting healthy bowel function, and counterbalancing overgrowth of opportunistic bacteria and yeast.*
How long can I take the supplements in the Kit?
It is ideal to continue adrenal support for three months to two years to fully heal, depending on the level of adrenal dysfunction.
How do I fit all the supplements into my day?
Upon completing your order of the Adrenal Transformation Kit, a guide will be provided to you via email with more information on the fundamentals of adrenal support, as well as a suggested schedule for incorporating the supplements. If you do not receive this guide or have trouble accessing it, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Can the supplements be taken with thyroid medication?
Boulardii, Carnitine, and Adrenal Support should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes away from thyroid medications. Myo-inositol should be spaced out by at least one hour from thyroid medications, and Magnesium Citrate Powder should be taken at least four hours away from thyroid medications.
Spacing Electrolyte Blend 1 hour away from thyroid medication is generally recommended. However, those that believe the blend may be interfering with their thyroid medication absorption should separate the Electrolyte Blend 4 hours from their thyroid medication.
As with any supplement or lifestyle change, testing your thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed, is recommended.
Are there any side effects I should be aware of when taking the supplements in this kit?
Carnitine does have a "moving" mechanism, so taking too much may cause loose stools. Other possible side effects of L-Carnitine can include agitation, dry mouth, headache, insomnia, reduced appetite, and may cause a fish-like body odor.
What if I am sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients in the Kit?
If you are sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients, but still want to utilize one or more other supplements in the Kit, you can order them individually:
Please Note: The Warnings and Precautions below include those for all supplements within the Adrenal Transformation Kit. For information in regards to a specific product within the Kit, please refer to the individual product page:
Not to be used by those with high blood pressure, an indwelling vascular catheter, a yeast allergy, those who are immunocompromised or who have risk factors for adverse events (e.g. patients with central venous catheters or increased bacterial translocation), those who have kidney disease or who may be already taking supplements, such as cleavers (a diuretic herb), that can affect the kidneys or the lymphatic system, those with peripheral vascular disease, liver disease due to alcoholism (cirrhosis), diabetes, or a history of seizures. Do not use if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients in this supplement.
Consult with a doctor before use if pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a history of heavy bleeding.
DO NOT TAKE if taking the following medications: antidiabetic drugs, antihypertensive drugs, aminoglycoside antibiotics, ACE inhibitors, anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs, angiotensin receptor blockers, antitumor antibiotics, acenocoumarol, AZT, alkylating agents, amiodarone, antacids, blood thinners, benzodiazepines, bisphosphonates, calcium channel blockers, cisplatin, CNS depressants, corticosteroids, cytochrome P450 1A2, 2B6 2C8, 2C9, 2C19, 3A4 substrates, digoxin, doxorubicin, diuretics, didanosine, escitalopram, estrogens, ethacrynic acid, fluphenazine, furosemide, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, immunosuppressants, indinavir, insulin, isotretinoin (Accutane), ketamine, levodopa/carbidopa, lithium, losartan, midazolam, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, niacin, organic anion-transporting polypeptide substrates, paclitaxel, pentobarbital, P-glycoprotein substrates, phenytoin, potassium-sparing diuretics, quinolone antibiotics, skeletal muscle relaxers, sulfonylureas, sodium phosphates, sulfonylureas, tetracycline antibiotics, thyroid hormone+, or tolvaptan.
Adrenal Support may also interact with alcohol and aluminum.
Carnitine may also affect Hormone Replacement Therapy, and may increase or cause an imbalance in testosterone levels.
Please note: Electrolyte Blend and Myo-Inositol Powder contain ingredients derived from non-GMO corn, but do not contain a protein component which could cause an antigenic response. While generally well-tolerated by those with corn sensitivities, please consult with your practitioner before use if you have individual concerns.
+Note regarding thyroid hormone: This product is not recommended for those with hyperthyroidism, as ashwagandha has been found to increase thyroid hormones. In addition, myo-inositol supplementation has been shown to reduce thyroid antibodies, reduce TSH levels, and even achieve remission in people with Hashimoto’s. As recommended with any lifestyle interventions, individuals with hypothyroidism and normal thyroid function should monitor their levels of thyroid hormones while taking this supplement, and test thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed.