What are the supplements in the kit?
- Amino Support - Provides nutrients which promote phase II of liver detoxification, without stimulating phase I. (Phase I support may create toxic intermediates, and phase II eliminates those intermediates.) It also helps the body to bind heavy metals, and facilitates the excretion of toxins from the body.*
- Liver & Gallbladder Support - A formula designed to support bile flow for the normal processing and elimination of toxins through the specific combination of nutrients and herbs in this formula. By supporting liver and gallbladder function, Liver & Gallbladder Support promotes the elimination of fatty substances from the liver and the digestion and assimilation of fats and fat-soluble vitamins.*
- Liver Reset - Contains a natural pea protein isolate to fuel natural detoxification pathways. It includes the nutrients needed to support and balance phase I and II metabolic pathways, high levels of antioxidants for safe detoxification, and a comprehensive array of herbal hepatics and cholagogues to promote healthy liver function and elimination.*
- Magnesium Citrate Powder - Provides 300 mg of magnesium in each one teaspoon serving - a convenient delivery system in a great-tasting lemon flavored powder. It mixes well in water and is very easy to titrate when higher doses are needed. Magnesium Citrate Powder helps promote bowel relaxation when fiber alone is not enough, and supports the ability to fall asleep.*
- MTHFR Pathways - Contains synergistic nutrients known to facilitate the efficient metabolism of homocysteine. MTHFR Pathways maintains a healthy homocysteine pathway, allowing for the normal production of its necessary and important end products. (These include the sulfur-containing amino acids taurine and cysteine, and the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine.)*
- Pure N-Acetyl Cysteine - N-Acetyl Cysteine is an amino acid that is a precursor to glutathione, the body’s most powerful antioxidant, and helps promote optimal detoxification. NAC is heavily researched for its role in optimizing lung health and is also used for rapid recovery after workouts. It is also beneficial for protection against normal exposure to heavy metals.*
What are the benefits of the supplements in the Kit?
- Amino Support - Contains nutrients which promote natural detoxification, by supporting the normal processing and safe elimination of toxins from the body.*
- Liver & Gallbladder Support - This proprietary blend contains vitamins A, B6 and B12, L-methionine, milk thistle, taurine, inositol, ox bile, artichoke, and beet powder, to support the liver’s ability to process fat, help maintain normal production of bile, and support a healthy bile flow.*
- Liver Reset - Ideal for those who would like to safely support the liver while promoting gentle detoxification. It is also ideal for those who have allergies or sensitivities to gluten, dairy or egg proteins, and are looking for a fructose-free, naturally sweetened liver support product made with stevia.*
- Magnesium Citrate Powder - Helps to support healthy magnesium levels, promotes regularity and bowel relaxation, maintains energy levels and metabolic efficiency, balances calcium and reduces the risk for build up in the body, and promotes relaxation and restful sleep.*
- MTHFR Pathways - Provides essential nutrients for maintaining proper homocysteine metabolism and the synthesis of glutathione, the body’s most prominent antioxidant. It can also help support biochemical reactions such as: detoxification, healthy immune function, ideal joint and cartilage structure, and brain and cardiovascular health.*
- Pure N-Acetyl Cysteine - Helps to maintain proper levels of the antioxidant glutathione, support the natural detoxification process and muscle recovery after exertion, protect against normal exposure to heavy metals, and support healthy lung function.*
How long can I take the supplements in the Kit?
It is ideal to continue liver support for one to two weeks, depending on the level of toxic backlog. After that, the Liver Reset should be discontinued, and other supplements may be continued, as needed.
How do I fit all the supplements into my day?
Upon completing your order of the Liver Support Kit, a guide will be provided to you via email with more information on the fundamentals of liver support, as well as a suggested schedule for incorporating the supplements. If you do not receive this guide or have trouble accessing it, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Can the supplements be taken with thyroid medication?
Amino Support, MTHFR Pathways, Liver Reset, and Pure N-Acetylcysteine should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes away from thyroid medications. Liver & Gallbladder Support should be spaced out by at least one hour from thyroid medications, and Magnesium Citrate Powder should be taken at least four hours away from thyroid medications.
As with any supplement or lifestyle change, testing your thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed, is recommended.
What if I am sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients in the Kit?
If you are sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients, but still want to utilize one or more other supplements in the Kit, they can be ordered individually:
Please Note: The Warnings and Precautions below include those for all supplements within the Liver Support Kit. For information in regards to a specific product within the Kit, please refer to the individual product page:
Not to be used with Addison's, a history of electrolyte imbalance, by those with a sulfur sensitivity or CBS gene variations, or by those prone to fainting. Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Do not take with alcohol, or if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients in these supplements. Discontinue use at least two weeks prior to undergoing surgery.
Liver & Gallbladder Support contains milk thistle. Milk thistle has been known to cause gastrointestinal issues, itchiness, headaches, and can cause an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to other plants in the Asteraceae family, such as ragweed, daisies, marigolds, and chrysanthemums. If you have diabetes, use milk thistle with caution, since the supplement might lower blood sugar. There is also concern that milk thistle might have estrogenic effects. If you have breast cancer, uterine cancer, ovarian cancer, endometriosis, or uterine fibroids, consider avoiding milk thistle.
DO NOT TAKE if taking the following medications: acetaminophen, ACE inhibitors, activated charcoal, adenosine, alkylating agents, aluminum, aminoglycoside antibiotics, amiodarone, amphetamines, angiotensin receptor blockers, anion-transporting polypeptide substrates, antacids, anticancer agents, anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs (including warfarin), anticonvulsants, antidiabetic drugs, antihypertensive drugs, antipsychotic drugs, antithyroid drugs, antitumor antibiotics, atazanavir, blood thinners, barbiturates, beta-adrenergic agonists, bisphosphonates, bortezomib, diuretics, calcipotriene, calcium channel blockers, capecitabine, carbamazepine, ceftriaxone, cephalexin, chloroquine, cimetidine, cisplatin, clozapine, contraceptive drugs, cyclosporine, Cytochrome P450 1A2, 1B1, 2B6, 2C8, 2C9, 2C19, 2D6, or 3A4 substrates, diclofenac, diuretics, digoxin, diltiazem, dipyridamole, disulfiram, dolutegravir, elvitegravir, ephedrine, estrogens, 5-fluorouracil, fluphenazine, fluvoxamine, fosphenytoin, glucuronidated drugs, HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, hepatotoxic drugs, immunosuppressants, indinavir, insulin, integrase inhibitors, isoniazid (INH), koselugo, levothyroxine+, levodopa/carbidopa, lactulose, lithium, losartan, methotrexate, methyldopa, metoclopramide, midazolam, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, morphine, niacin, nitroglycerin, nadolol, nicotine, NMDA antagonists, organic anion-transporting polypeptide substrates, penicillamine, pentobarbital, p-glycoprotein substrates, phenylpropanolamine, phenytoin, potassium-sparing diuretics, primidone, pyrimethamine, quinolone antibiotics, raloxifene, raltegravir, retinoids including acitretin (Soriatane), bexarotene (Targretin), etretinate (Tegison), isotretinoin (Accutane), tretinoin (Retin-A, Renova), and tazarotene (Avage), riluzole, ritonavir, sirolimus, skeletal muscle relaxants, sotalol, statins, stimulant drugs, sulfasalazine, sulfonylureas, steroid medications, tamoxifen, tetracycline-based antibiotics, theophylline, thiazide antibiotics, verapamil, and/or warfarin
+Note regarding levothyroxine: As liver supportive supplements may increase thyroid hormones, specifically T4 to T3 conversion, this product is not recommended for those with active hyperthyroidism. As recommended with any lifestyle interventions, individuals with hypothyroidism and normal thyroid function should monitor their levels of thyroid hormones while taking this supplement, and test thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed.