What are the supplements in the kit?
- Oil of Oregano - Contains the oil from the oregano plant, which has traditionally been used in botanical medicine to support gastrointestinal tract health, by promoting intestinal cleansing and a healthy balance of gut bacteria. Each softgel is standardized to contain 36 mg of carvacrol and thymol (the primary compounds in oregano) from 60 to 75 percent carvacrol oregano oil, and is non-GMO.
- Berberine - Made from a plant alkaloid extracted from the shrub family Berberis aristata. Berberine has been shown to exhibit potential antimicrobial properties, and may help support healthy blood sugar metabolism. Rootcology Berberine is designed to be highly bioavailable, using a proprietary blend of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil, non-soy derived lecithin, and tocotrienols, to improve absorption and delivery, without the use of potentially harmful compounds.
- Black Cumin Seed Extract - A synergistic blend of tocotrienols (a type of vitamin E) and black cumin seed oil (Nigella sativa). The seeds of Nigella sativa have been used for thousands of years as a traditional remedy for a wide range of health concerns.
- Garlic Oil - These softgels contain Garlicillin™, a blend of garlic and parsley oils, with specified levels of garlic sulfides and ajoene, the most biologically effective compound formed from garlic. These softgels have a special coating designed to reduce the strong garlic odor that may occur from supplementing with garlic, while the parsley oil acts as a natural breath freshener.*
- Cat's Claw AV - This cat’s claw extract is derived from the plant’s roots and vine bark, and has been shown to exhibit antiviral, antioxidant, and immune-modulating effects. Cat’s Claw AV contains a unique blend of cat’s claw, monolaurin, lemon balm extract, mint oil, vitamin D, and other compounds, to aid in the support of a healthy immune system. It is considered a liposomal formula, which means that it’s designed to bond easily with cell membranes to facilitate intracellular nutrient delivery.
What are the benefits of the supplements in the Kit?
- Oil of Oregano - May support the body’s normal defenses against the overgrowth of yeast, fungi and unfriendly bacteria, making it a beneficial part of protocols targeted to support intestinal health. It is also a source of antioxidants, such as rosmarinic acid, which may be beneficial for supporting the immune system and a healthy response to inflammation.*
- Berberine - May support healthy blood sugar metabolism and insulin sensitivity, healthy lipid metabolism and blood vessels, and a normal response to oxidative stress and inflammation. Berberine may also support digestion and promote healthy microbial balance in the gastrointestinal tract.*
- Black Cumin Seed Extract - The primary compound in black cumin seed oil (thymoquinone) has antioxidant properties that may support a proper inflammatory response, promote a healthy immune system, and improve digestive function. It may also support skin health, and the maintenance of liver, kidney, and bone health. Research suggests that tocotrienols play a role in protecting cells from damage, providing defense against oxidative stress, and may help to maintain healthy cholesterol, triglyceride, blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Garlic Oil - Contains garlic sulfides which may support a healthy inflammatory response and protect against oxidative stress, plus ajoene which helps to promote a healthy inflammatory response, the maintenance of normal platelet function, and is responsible for many of garlic’s other historically recognized effects, such as inhibiting the normal overgrowth of unfriendly organisms, including bacteria, parasites, and fungi (yeast).
- Cat's Claw AV - Cat’s Claw AV contains herbs and nutrients known for supporting a healthy inflammatory response and immune system. Research has shown that the cat’s claw plant may have antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-modulating properties. Cat’s Claw AV also contains monolaurin, which may be helpful against harmful bacteria, viruses, yeasts, and fungi, but has not been shown to result in antibacterial resistance, or have adverse effects on the gut microbiome.
How long can I take the supplements in the Kit?
Berberine can be taken for two to eight weeks, Oil of Oregano can be taken for one to two months, Garlic Oil and Cat’s Claw AV can be taken for one to three months, and Black Cumin Seed Extract can be taken for three months to two years.
Can the supplements be taken with thyroid medication?
The supplements in the kit should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes away from thyroid medications.
Black cumin seed has been found to reduce TSH, and high doses of berberine may have thyroid-modulating activity, while doses used clinically may optimize thyroid hormone function due to the effect on the microbiome.* Cat's Claw AV contains lemon balm, which has previously been studied for its thyroid hormone-reducing properties in hyperthyroidism, so it has not been recommended in hypothyroidism. However, recent studies show that lemon balm may have thyroid modulating effects.*
As with any supplement or lifestyle change, testing your thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed, is recommended.
What if I am sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients in the Kit?
If you are sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients, but still want to utilize one or more other supplements in the Kit, you can order them individually:
Please Note: The Warnings and Precautions below include those for all supplements within the Gut Resolve 3B Kit. For information in regards to a specific product within the Kit, please refer to the individual product page.
Consult with a physician before use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
Black Cumin Seed Extract may not be safe for those with gallbladder issues.
DO NOT TAKE if taking the following medications: alkylating agents, aluminum, anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs, antidiabetic drugs, antihypertensive drugs, antitumor antibiotics, atazanavir, atorvastatin, blood thinners, calcipotriene, calcium channel blockers, CNS depressants, cyclosporine, cytochrome P450 substrates, dextromethorphan, digoxin, diltiazem, immunosuppressants, losartan, metformin, midazolam, isoniazid, pentobarbital, protease inhibitors, saquinavir, selumetinib, tacrolimus, thiazide diuretics, thyroid hormone+, and/or verapamil
+The lemon balm in this formulation has previously been studied for its thyroid hormone- reducing properties in hyperthyroidism, so it has not been recommended in hypothyroidism. However, recent studies show that lemon balm may have thyroid-modulating effects.^
For best results, Black Cumin Seed Extract should not be taken within six hours of taking a vitamin E supplement containing D-alpha tocopherol.