What are the supplements in the kit?
- Aloe - Contains 100% highly concentrated aloe vera powder. In fact, it takes 200 pounds of aloe vera gel to make one pound of this nourishing aloe extract! It is also prepared using a low-heat dehydration method with no filtering, which ensures that the plant’s beneficial components (long polysaccharide chains) and its natural makeup, remain intact as much as possible.
- Black Cumin Seed Extract - A synergistic blend of tocotrienols (a type of vitamin E) and black cumin seed oil (Nigella sativa). The seeds of Nigella sativa have been used for thousands of years as a traditional remedy for a wide range of health concerns.
- Pure N-Acetyl Cysteine - An amino acid that is a precursor to glutathione, the body’s most powerful antioxidant, and helps promote optimal detoxification. NAC is heavily researched for its role in optimizing lung health and is also used for rapid recovery after workouts. It is also beneficial for protection against normal exposure to heavy metals.*
- Systemic Enzymes - A blend of herbs, nutrients and specialized protein-degrading (proteolytic) enzymes, formulated to promote a healthy inflammatory response and support the body’s ability to break down specific protein structures that are produced during the natural inflammatory process.*
- Selenium + Myo-Inositol - Contains 83 mcg of selenium, a critical nutrient in regulating thyroid function, as well as 600 mg myo-inositol, a nutrient that serves key functions relating to hormone signal transduction in the endocrine system. Clinical research indicates that this nutrient combination can help support optimal thyroid function.(2)*
What are the benefits of the supplements in the Kit?
- Aloe - May be beneficial for anyone wishing to maintain normal thyroid hormone levels, support healthy digestion, maintain normal bowel movements, support immune function, maintain blood sugar balance, and maintain a healthy stress response.*
- Black Cumin Seed Extract - The primary compound in black cumin seed oil (thymoquinone) has antioxidant properties that may support a proper inflammatory response, promote a healthy immune system, and improve digestive function. It may also support skin health, and the maintenance of liver, kidney, and bone health. Research suggests that tocotrienols play a role in protecting cells from damage, providing defense against oxidative stress, and may help to maintain healthy cholesterol, triglyceride, blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Pure N-Acetyl Cysteine - Helps to maintain proper levels of the antioxidant glutathione, support the natural detoxification process and muscle recovery after exertion, protect against normal exposure to heavy metals, and support healthy lung function.*
- Systemic Enzymes - The herbs and nutrients in this Systemic Enzymes blend have been used historically to help modulate the production of inflammatory compounds in the body, and may help protect cells from excess oxidative stress. When taken on an empty stomach, Systemic Enzymes may help to modulate the inflammatory response, break down damaged tissue, and support lymph drainage. By supporting a healthy inflammatory response and antioxidants in the body, Systemic Enzymes may support the treatment of inflammatory conditions, injuries, and postoperative tissue repair. If taken with food, Systemic Enzymes provide digestive support, assisting in the breakdown of foods.*
- Selenium + Myo-Inositol - Uniquely formulated to support optimal thyroid function, healthy hormone balance, and a healthy immune system. It contains a targeted blend of myo-inositol and selenium (as selenomethionine), which possess synergistic actions in the human body.*
How long can I take the supplements in the Kit?
The Kit can be taken for three to nine months. Pure N-Acetyl Cysteine and Black Cumin Seed Extract can be taken for up to two years, and Systemic Enzymes and Selenium + Myo-Inositol can be taken long-term, for maintenance.
Can the supplements be taken with thyroid medication?
The supplements in the kit should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes away from thyroid medications. Research has shown that these nutrients can reduce thyroid antibodies, reduce TSH levels, and even achieve remission in people with Hashimoto’s, so it is recommended to test thyroid hormones every 30-90 days while using these supplements, to see if a medication adjustment is needed.*
How do I fit all the supplements into my day?
Upon completing your order of the TPO & TG Support Kit, a guide will be provided to you via email with more information on the fundamentals of thyroid support, as well as a suggested schedule for incorporating the supplements. If you do not receive this guide or have trouble accessing it, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
What if I am sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients in the Kit?
If you are sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients, but still want to utilize one or more other supplements in the Kit, you can order them individually:
Please Note: The Warnings and Precautions below include those for all supplements within the TPO & TG Support Kit. For information in regards to a specific product within the Kit, please refer to the individual product page.
Not to be used by those who are pregnant or breastfeeding, diabetic, have a sulfur sensitivity, are prone to fainting, or have a bowel obstruction. Do not use if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients in this supplement. Discontinue use at least two weeks prior to undergoing surgery.
Consult with a doctor before use if you have asthma, or intestinal issues such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. Use with caution if you have a CBS gene variation.
Black Cumin Seed Extract may not be safe for those with gallbladder issues.
Some individuals with Candida may react to systemic enzymes. In addition, systemic enzymes should be avoided by those currently taking leukotriene inhibitors, and those with unhealed ulcers should avoid systemic enzymes until the ulcers are healed.
Myo-inositol should not be taken by those who have kidney disease or who may already be taking supplements, such as cleavers (a diuretic herb), that can affect the kidneys or the lymphatic system, as myo-inositol may not be properly cleared when the kidneys are overworked.
DO NOT TAKE if taking the following medications: ACE inhibitors, activated charcoal, alkylating agents, amlodipine, anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs, antidiabetic drugs, antihypertensive drugs, anticancer agents, antitumor antibiotics, aspirin, barbiturates, blood thinners, cardiac glycoside drugs (eg. digoxin), choline magnesium trisalicylate, chloroquine, corticosteroids including prednisone and prednisolone, cyclosporine, cytochrome P450 substrates (1A1, 1A2, 1B1, 2C19, 2C8, 2C9, 2D6, 2E1, 3A4), diclofenac, diuretic medications, estrogens, hepatotoxic drugs, immunosuppressants, losartan, metoclopramide, midazolam, mitoxantrone, nifedipine, nitroglycerin, organic anion transporter substrates 1 and 3 (OAT1, OAT3), organic anion-transporting polypeptide substrates, selumetinib, p-glycoprotein substrates, phenprocoumon, pravastatin, prazosin, quetiapine, quinolone antibiotics, salsalate, sevoflurane, stimulant laxatives, sulfasalazine, tacrolimus, talinolol, tamoxifen, topoisomerase I inhibitors, and/or warfarin (Coumadin)
Selenium may also interact with other supplements and medications, such as cholesterol-lowering statin drugs, antacids, chemotherapy drugs, corticosteroids, niacin, and birth control pills.
People with diabetes taking any form of myo-inositol should watch for signs of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), as myo-inositol may lower blood sugar and hemoglobin A1c levels. Selenium intake may also cause side effects in those with diabetes.
Rarely, myo-inositol has been associated with nausea, headaches, dizziness, fatigue or sleeplessness. Some people have reported increased bleeding with the use of myo-inositol, so it is not recommended with a history of heavy bleeding, or in those taking blood thinners. If you experience any of these effects, discontinue taking it.
Those with a CBS gene mutation have difficulty breaking down selenium. If you know you have a CBS gene mutation, then regularly monitoring your selenium levels is necessary.
Selenium supplements are also associated with a risk of non-melanoma skin cancer (squamous cell carcinoma), so people at high risk of skin cancer should not take these supplements. In addition, there is possibly a link between selenium and prostate cancer, although data on this topic is conflicting.
Please note that Rootcology’s Systemic Enzymes contain a stronger formulation than is used in most other brands and studies. Do not exceed the recommended dose of Rootcology Systemic Enzymes unless working under the guidance of an experienced practitioner.
For best results, this product should not be taken within six hours of taking a vitamin E supplement containing D-alpha tocopherol.