What are the supplements in the kit?
- Betaine with Pepsin - Provides betaine hydrochloride along with pepsin, a key protein digestive enzyme produced in the stomach. Taking this supplement before a meal aids digestion, especially the digestion of protein-containing foods, and helps with the assimilation of nutrients.*
- Systemic Enzymes - A blend of herbs, nutrients and specialized protein-degrading (proteolytic) enzymes, formulated to promote a healthy inflammatory response and support the body’s ability to break down specific protein structures that are produced during the natural inflammatory process.*
- Spore Flora - A broad-spectrum, spore-based probiotic used to optimize gastrointestinal health. It contains soil-based microorganisms that are found in the earth, from the Bacillus family (bacillus coagulans, bacillus subtilis, bacillus clausii). Spore-forming probiotics, unlike most traditional probiotics, remain stable and resistant to the low pH of stomach acid, resulting in the delivery of more intact probiotics to the intestines.*
- ProB 50 - A highly potent, shelf-stable, dairy-free probiotic formulation containing 50 billion colony forming units (CFUs) of lactobacillus and bifidobacterium probiotics per serving. It consists of 10 of the most well-researched probiotic strains, which are capable of surviving the harsh journey to the intestines and are able to attach to the intestinal walls, where they can grow and function effectively to support gastrointestinal health.*
- S. Boulardii - S. boulardii (Saccharomyces boulardii) is a non-pathogenic yeast. It possesses probiotic activity that supports gastrointestinal health and immune function. This formula contains 500 mg (10 billion CFU) of S. boulardii per serving. This strain does not require refrigeration and has the ability to survive passage through the harsh gastric environment, withstanding high acidity, bile, and heat.*
- Gut R&R - A blend of specific amino acids, botanical extracts, and minerals to offer comprehensive support for gastrointestinal (GI) health and function. Gut R&R is sweetened with stevia leaf extract powder, and can be mixed into any beverage or functional food powder to support intestinal function and regularity.*
- Pure N-Acetyl Cysteine - N-Acetyl Cysteine is an amino acid that is a precursor to glutathione, the body’s most powerful antioxidant, and helps promote optimal detoxification. NAC is heavily researched for its role in optimizing lung health and is also used for rapid recovery after workouts. It is also beneficial for protection against normal exposure to heavy metals.*
What are the benefits of the supplements in the Kit?
- Betaine with Pepsin - Helps to support digestive health, proper digestion of proteins, optimal absorption of nutritional substances, as well as bowel irregularities, such as occasional diarrhea and constipation. This product is ideal for those who are looking to support their stomach’s digestive function.*
- Systemic Enzymes - The herbs and nutrients in this Systemic Enzymes blend have been used historically to help modulate the production of inflammatory compounds in the body, and may help protect cells from excess oxidative stress. When taken on an empty stomach, Systemic Enzymes may help to modulate the inflammatory response, break down damaged tissue, and support lymph drainage. By supporting a healthy inflammatory response and antioxidants in the body, Systemic Enzymes may support the treatment of inflammatory conditions, injuries, and postoperative tissue repair. If taken with food, Systemic Enzymes provide digestive support, assisting in the breakdown of foods.*
- Spore Flora - Contains five targeted Bacillus strains, which have the natural ability to produce a multitude of enzymes, secretory proteins (proteins secreted by cells), antimicrobial compounds, vitamins, and carotenoids (beneficial antioxidants).* This spore-based probiotic formula is designed to assist with digestion and nutrient absorption, stimulate the microflore balance in the intestines, support immune function, promote regular bowel movements, and aid bowel health.
- ProB 50 - May be beneficial for assisting with digestion and nutrient assimilation, helping to inhibit overgrowth of harmful bacteria, supporting the immune system, maintaining bowel health, and facilitating normal elimination. It can also help replenish depleted beneficial gut flora after a course of antibiotics. The capsules feature delayed-release technology and unique moisture-resistant, desiccant-lined packaging that removes the need for refrigeration, making ProB 50 convenient for travelers and anyone on the go.*
- S. Boulardii - May be beneficial for counterbalancing intestinal microorganisms disrupted by stress, poor nutrition, and toxins, strengthening the intestinal barrier, protecting the digestive mucosa from pathogens that may damage the intestinal lining, promoting healthy bowel function, and counterbalancing overgrowth of opportunistic bacteria and yeast.*
- Gut R&R - Contains herbs and nutrients that help to prevent toxins, allergens and microbes from crossing the gut lining, to promote gastrointestinal tract health and regularity, as well as support gut-associated immune function, healthy intestinal mucosal lining and a healthy inflammatory response.*
- Pure N-Acetyl Cysteine - Helps to maintain proper levels of the antioxidant glutathione, support the natural detoxification process and muscle recovery after exertion, protect against normal exposure to heavy metals, and support healthy lung function.*
How long can I take the supplements in the Kit?
Betaine with Pepsin, S. Boulardii, and Pure N-Acetyl Cysteine can be taken for three months to two years. Spore Flora, ProB 50, and Gut R&R can be taken for one month or long-term, and Systemic Enzymes can be taken long-term.
Can the supplements be taken with thyroid medication?
The supplements in the kit should be taken at least 30 to 60 minutes away from thyroid medications. Research has shown that aloe contained in Gut R&R can lead to a reduction in TSH when used over time. As with any supplement or lifestyle change, testing your thyroid hormone levels every 30-90 days to see if a medication adjustment is needed, is recommended.
What if I am sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients in the Kit?
If you are sensitive to one of the supplement ingredients, but still want to utilize one or more other supplements in the Kit, they can be ordered individually:
Please Note: The Warnings and Precautions below include those for all supplements within the Fundamental Gut Kit. For information in regards to a specific product within the Kit, please refer to the individual product page.
Not to be used by those who have a sulfur sensitivity, are prone to fainting, those with a history of having any type of ulcer or gastritis, those with an active H. pylori infection, those with an overproduction of stomach acid, or those who have an indwelling vascular catheter, are immunocompromised, or have risk factors for adverse events (e.g. patients with central venous catheters or increased bacterial translocation). Do not use if you are allergic or sensitive to any of the ingredients in this Kit. Use with caution if you have a CBS gene variation.
Discontinue use at least two weeks prior to undergoing surgery.
Do not take with proton pump inhibitors and acid-suppressing medications, as these will negate the effect of Betaine with Pepsin.
DO NOT TAKE taking the following medications: ACE inhibitors, activated charcoal, antibiotics+, alkylating agents, amlodipine, anticoagulant/antiplatelet drugs, anticonvulsants, antidiabetic drugs, antihypertensive drugs, antitumor antibiotics, aspirin, blood thinners, calcium channel blockers, chloroquine, choline magnesium trisalicylate, cisplatin, CNS depressants, contraceptive drugs, corticosteroids, cyclosporine, cytochrome P450 substrates (1A1, 1A2, 1B1, 2B6, 2C19, 2C8, 2C9, 2C19, 2D6, 2E1, 3A4), diclofenac, digoxin, diuretics drugs, estrogens, hepatotoxic drugs, immunosuppressants, lithium, loop diuretics, losartan, lovastatin, midazolam, nifedipine, nitroglycerin, NSAIDs, organic anion transporter substrates 1 and 3 (OAT1, OAT3), organic anion transporting polypeptides substrates (OATP), p-glycoprotein substrates, phenprocoumon, paclitaxel, pravastatin, quetiapine, quinolone antibiotics, salsalate, sulfasalazine, steroids, stimulant laxatives, tacrolimus, talinolol, tamoxifen, tetracycline antibiotics, topoisomerase I or II inhibitors, and/or medications that may cause an ulcer.
Consult with a doctor before use if pregnant or breastfeeding, if you have asthma, or if a yeast allergy or Crohn’s disease is present.++
+The recommendation to avoid taking probiotics while taking antibiotics is based on the fact that antibiotics could reduce the effectiveness of probiotics. However, research shows that taking probiotics while taking antibiotics can help prevent diarrhea which may result from the use of antibiotics. To prevent destruction of probiotic activity, it is recommended to take probiotics and antibiotics at least two hours apart from one another.
++In some cases of Crohn’s disease, S. boulardii may cross-react with antibodies to anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (another type of yeast). There is also potential for cross-reactions with yeast allergies. These cases are rare, but should be discussed with your provider before starting S. boulardii, to make sure it is appropriate for your needs.
References for each of the supplements within the Fundamental Gut Kit can be viewed through the links below:
You May Also Like
Questions about Rootcology Products? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 24 business hours.